Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chiropractors Work Well With Sports Injuries

Chiropractic is not just for headaches and backaches. Chiropractic treatments can greatly help a range of ailments and is very effective in treating sports injuries. Sports injuries can be overcome by chiropractic treatments because in a lot of cases an injury can occur simply because the body is out of alignment. When the body has been misaligned for some time it's quite common for  the body to just give way resulting in an injury. This injury could be to the back but in my case it was my knee.

Sports injuries and chiropractic adjustments go hand in hand. If you think about our bodies being a muskoskeletal framework then it's no surprise with all the wear and tear we give it that sometimes the pressure is just too much and an injury is likely. My meniscus and crucial ligament were torn playing netball and no amount of physiotherapy was helping. Recovery was extremely slow and even though surgery was recommended, it wasn't something I wanted to do. I was advised to see a chiropractor by a friend and initially thought how on earth cvan a chiropractor help my knee but was amazed at exactly how he could help. It was explained how my spine and pelvis was out of alignment therefore my weight was being concentrated more on one side of my body. Eventually my knee gave out under this relentless pressure. As soon as my body was back in alignment I began to heal and heal quickly.

I can't recommend chiropractic treatment enough. I could have gone through a very expensive and painful surgery and at the end of the day my injury would probably have happened again due to my body still being out. If in doubt over any sports injury and especially if surgery is advised please check with a chiropractor first.

No comments:

Post a Comment