Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pets at Penn: Kittens!!! | 34th Street Magazine

Katherine Nguyen was only planning on temporarily adopting one kitten from the PAWS fostering center. The agency doesn’t like to separate litters, so she went home with four month-old kittens: Simba, Tag, Snow and Belle.

Street: How are they different from each other?
Katherine Nguyen: I’ve fallen in love with all of them. They all have their own personalities. When I first brought them home, Belle was the loner, antisocial one and would always just sit in the corner while the other three played and ran around with each other. Belle’s significantly smaller and a distinctively different color than the other three.  My friends and I speculate that she isn’t actually part of the litter and was just included in the group so she wouldn’t be alone.

Street: Is keeping pets hard to balance with being a student?
KN: I think it’s important to think about how much time you’ll actually have for a pet and even how often you will be at home.  Luckily, cats and kittens are low maintenance and are pretty easy to take care of.  My kittens are already potty trained and sleep all day so my job is easy. Every time I clean out the litter box, they get all excited and are like, “WHERE’D ALL THE POOP GO??!?!”

Street: Will they be adopted all together?
KN: It’ll be sad to see them separated when they get adopted. Hopefully, people will adopt them in pairs so they don’t get entirely separated.

If you’re interested in adopting one or more of these kittens, contact Katherine Nguyen or PAWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment